List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Beta1 / release plan
From:       Christopher Molnar <molnar () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-20 17:16:42

On Thursday 20 December 2001 08:53, Dirk Mueller wrote:

> Another open question is if the next release will be a RC (i.e. all the
> listed features will be there) or another beta. I guess we should decide
> this on the feedback we get from rolling Beta1. You find the current
> release plan at:

If I can put my .01USD in here... I would vote for another beta. Gives a
chance for more bugs to be fixed, gives a chance for some testing, and with
X-Mas and New Years holidays being here a lot of the users who would normally
be testing are involved in family and holiday things. Going directly to an RC
may send the wrong message as well, since in the past I don't think there has
been more than 1 RC for a given release.

-Chris