List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Beta1 / release plan
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2001-12-20 14:40:07

Well, of the 9 objectives KPilot has in the list, I think 4 will be
achieved by the time the beta comes out:

1 Re-work conduits as plugins
2 Support for USB Visors
3 Extensive addition of tooltips
4 Move to .ui files as much as possible

Those last two are done now in HEAD; 2 is in progress but not extensively
tested, in particular in conjunction with repeated syncs within one
process (and there seems to be a bug with closing device nodes). Number 1
is, well, part-way there. I hope XMas vacation will give me some time to
deal with it (once I get back from camping in Trier & stuff like that).

The other 5 objectives, import / export things, viewers, and new conduits,
were all "assignments" for others -- or people said they'd be working on
them in this timeframe. I haven't heard a thing about any of those
projects, so I'd just mark them as "some other time" and leave it at that.