List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Offline support in KMail?
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <haeckel () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-19 19:12:02

On Wednesday 19 December 2001 20:35, Henrik Johnson wrote:
> Is this anyone is working on. I can't find any information about it on
> the webpage and am thinking about starting working on this myself. What
> I want is basically the ability to mark a folder on an IMAP/POP server
> and say that the contents of this folder should be cached offline so I
> can read it without accessing the server. This is the one feature I

This is not yet supported and not yet worked on.

In general my opinion about this feature is, that it should come really last,
when all other features with connected mode work well. I think, we still
haven't reached that point but are pretty close to it now. Mainly folder
subscription, renaming/moving of complete folders, client side IMAP filtering
are not yet supported and a few performance improvements are still possible
although we are quite fast in most operations already. Also a few bugs still
need fixing for KDE 3.0.

You are very welcome to work on this! It just has to wait for after KDE 3.0 to
go into CVS of course.

Regards,
Michael Häckel