List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: 500 Internal Server Error on mail.kde.org
From:       Claudiu Costin <claudiuc () work ! ro>
Date:       2001-12-17 21:02:47

       Hello all,

On Monday 17 December 2001 22:10, Chris Howells wrote:

> On Monday 17 December 2001 8:10 pm, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > Can you add this to your kdebugrc to see what konqy is sending across the
> > wire? Output goes to /tmp/http
>
> <snip>
>
> Sure.
>
> The results of going to http://mail.kde.org/mailman/admin/kde-edu-devel are
> attached.

  It's very clear that scripts which administate mailing lists (I think
is written in Python) crash. It's not browser error if server side
scripts go crazy. Apache notify that script die, send something to stderr
and return 500 code.

  1) Mailman should be checked if something goes corupted
  2) If at 1) all seems fine, then you should upgrade mailman
(or move to ezmlm :)

  It maybe  possible Konqueror behave strage, but hey, you should
be using snort (http://www.snort.org) to track the plain HTTP conversation.
I'm concerned if Joe Hacker could exploit this.
See:
 http://www.linuxsecurity.com/articles/forums_article-4160.html#mailman

kind regards,
--