List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Menu icons gone?
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-12-13 21:32:29

On Thursday 13 December 2001 16:36, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> For the record, they should _NOT_ be off in the first place :(
>
> I wonder why they are off actually, but I can't check until I'm home
> tonight.

Ok, it seems that this is broken for a while already and my local testing
somehow never revealed the problem :(

I committed a quick and very dirty fix for the problem. The reason why
this is dirty is because this also turns on the icons on the buttons (and not
configurable). I don't have time to properly fix this before the weekend
though and after a short discussion on IRC we decided that this is still
better than nothing.

The proper fix requires using the KPushButton with KGuiItem support instead of
manually doing setIconSet() calls everywhere in KDialogBase.

This major design flaw now gives Holger and me some serious headaches, but we
will fix it soon. Apologies for all troubles we've caused the past few days.

Martijn (per his request also speaking for Holger)