List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: The handle arrows in kicker (was kicker applets usability)
From:       John Firebaugh <jfirebaugh () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-13 8:27:44

On Wednesday 12 December 2001 04:27 pm, Karol Szwed wrote:
> This may be a bit off the point but styling Applet handles is not easy with
> the new Qt3 style API. Even if KDE styles had applet handle support, Qt's
> styles won't. So for consistency, no styles will have drawing routines for
> applet handles.

All styles have handle drawing support using style().drawPrimitive(
QStyle::PE_DockWindowHandle, ... ). This actually works well for the Qt
provided styles, but is broken under KDE Highcolor, because it checks for the
parent of the widget being drawn, and falls back to a bad default of painting
the entire rect with the highlight color. I will fix this.

later,
John