List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Menu icons gone?
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2001-12-12 11:29:56

Hi

> > Somebody made them configurable and thought it might be a good idea to
> > turn them off by default. IMHO they should be on by default.
>
>   Exactly.  Try navigating the Konqueror context menu without them.  it's
> not fun.  Also (and I think it still works for SSL anyways), some of the
> icons are actually used to indicate state.

I think the user shouldn't be able to turn off the icons in the menus, because
the developers, who added them had something in mind, when they did so.

Icons on buttons (kdialog base, or where ever they were added now) on the
other hand should be configurable and off by default

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger