List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Fwd: KDE News ticker and SYN
From:       Frerich Raabe <frerichraabe () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-12-07 15:11:55

Hello,

I'm not quite sure what to do about this one, is it just me using KIO
incorrectly or is it a bug in KIO itself?

- Frerich

Subject: KDE News ticker and SYN
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 19:49:33 +0200 (EET)
From: <Juha.Tuomala@iki.fi>
To: <raabe@kde.org>

Hi

I just installed a new firewall into one network, and
it looks like we are getting 'not a (valid) SYN packet' discards
into log, for sites which are configured into newsticker.

The firewall is Stonegate.

Are you aware of problem with newsticker which could cause
malformed TCP connection headers?

BTW, thanks for nice program, I run it everywhere! And we
also plan to support it in our company as soon as we get
our news database up and running. :-)

BR,

Juha

--