List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Kicker popup menus and DnD
From:       Daniel Molkentin <molkentin () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-04 19:33:20

Moin

I have implemented drag and drop support for kicker link and file-browser
buttons (so you can drop a non .desktop file to a kicker button and you will
be asked to copy or move it there). My next step was to get DnD working for
the popup menu itself via delayed popup. However, if I drag in an external
file, the popup menu comes up and locks the rest (ESC helps). If I drag. i.e.
another panel button, the popup menu is entirely ignored. I have no idea what
causes that but I suggest some event-loop stuff because there are some quite
hairy event handlings stuff in there

I added "setAcceptDrops(true)" in the ctor and reimplmented the event filters
needed for DnD in PanelBrowserMenu but I fear that it doesn't even get this
far. Event/Kicker experts: Any idea

Cheers

</daniel

--