List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: qt-copy / Beta1
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <haeckel () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-03 13:13:11

On Sunday 02 December 2001 21:14, Dirk Mueller wrote:

> Meanwhile, please help fixing the remaining show stopper problems (I've
> heard there are still problems with KAccel i.e.) and delay bigger changes
> till after tagging. Thanks in advance!

Is is planned to write a changelog for this beta release?

Somehow I get the impression, that the general opinion about KDE 3 is, that
it's mainly a port to Qt3 and there is nothing really new. I don't know much
about other apps, but for KMail this is definitely not true, see below.

This should help to convince users that it's really worth to try out the beta.

Regards,
Michael Häckel

- Maildir support
- SMTP authentication
- SMTP over SSL/TLS
- Pipelining for POP3 (faster mail download on slow responding networks)
- Various improvements for IMAP
- On demand downloading or deleting without downloading of big mails on a POP3
  server
- Automatic configuration of the POP3/IMAP/SMTP security features
- DIGEST-MD5 authentication
- Identity based sent-mail and drafts folders
- Expiry of old messages
- Hotkey to temporary switch to fixed width fonts