List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: libkio & libksycoca
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-12-03 8:46:31

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 10:35:44AM +0000, Rik Hemsley wrote:

> > Oh so it's a glibc specific hack?  Boo.
>
> Apparently there is a patch for FreeBSD floating around. Don't know if
> it's in any release yet though, I just overheard something on IRC.

More details please.

What's it a patch for?  binutils?  the runtime linker?  gcc? libc?  who's
the author?

The only "patch" I know of was for the rtld - a simple symbol cache.

gcc and binutils haven't been touched much AFAIK (well for ia32 or mi
stuff).  libc hasn't been touched in that way AFAIK.

- alex