List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Why Adobe's plugin sucks was Re: Adobe SVG viewer
From:       Nikolas Zimmermann <wildfox () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-02 10:22:39

On Sunday 02 December 2001 09:56, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> On Sunday 02 December 2001 06:15, ian reinhart geiser wrote:
> > Really I think it is silly to rely on a close sourced product that cannot
> > fit our needs
>
> Who said anything about "relying on it" ? I'm only suggesting it should be
> done as a temporary solution until ksvg is ready.
>
> > when Niko is very far along our own portable SVG
> > implementation.
>
> How many of the tests in http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/
> does it pass ?

nikoz@Niko:/opt/KDE-CVS/kdenonbeta/ksvg$ cat test/PASSED
Testsuite-Check
-----------------

- = none working
o = half working
x = fully working
c = crashed

Rendering Model [Test 3]
        Working: o
        Problems: opacity, minor image problems

Structure [Test 5]
        Working: x
        Problems:

Styling [Test 6]
        Working: o
        Problems: no CSS support yet

Coordinate Systems, Transformations, and Units [Test 7]
        Working: x
        Problems:

Paths [Test 8]
        Working: x
        Problems:

Basic shapes [Test 9]
        Working: x
        Problems:

Text [Test 10]
        Working: x
        Problems:

Painting: Filling, Stroking, and Markers [Test 11]
        Working: o
        Problems: gradients, fill-rule, icc colors, and opacity don't work

Color [Test 12]
        Working: x
        Problems:

Gradients and Patterns [Test 13]
        Working: -
        Problems: gradients don't show up

Clipping, Masking, Compositing [Test 14]
        Working: -
        Problems: not supported yet

Filter Effects [Test 15]
        Working: -
        Problems: not supported yet

Interactivity [Test 16]
        Working: o
        Problems: not fully supported yet

Linking [Test 17]
        Working: o
        Problems: drawing problems, xlink won't work

Scripting [Test 18]
        Working: -
        Problems: not supported yet

Animation [Test 19]
        Working: x
        Problems:

Fonts [Test 20]
        Working: o
        Problems: misrendering

Metadata [Test 21]
        Working: -
        Problems: not supported yet

Extensibility [Test 23]
        Working: -
        Problems: not supported yet

General Problems
        o Text handling is not perfect (too big fonts)

--
Nikolas Zimmermann
wildfox@kde.org