List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Adobe SVG viewer
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2001-12-01 20:58:49

On Saturday 01 December 2001 23:18, Marc Mutz wrote:
> 2. Personally, I'd find it curious (to say the least) that an Open
> Source project should actively work towards supporting a plugin from a
> vendor that has repeatedly shown it's in favour of prosecuting members
> of the Open Source and related communities. I'm specifically talking
> about Killustrator and Dmitry here.

And yet this same company is instrumental in promoting a W3C-approved
standard which is the only thing standing between us and an
all-proprietary-Flash world wide web.

Another such proponent of SVG is Eastman Kodak, which is New York's biggest
polluter according to this page :

http://newyork.sierraclub.org/rochester/kodak's_pollution.htm

Likewise, we welcome IBM which is one of the biggest owner of software
patents, and who, like any large worldwide company, doesn't have a
particularly clean track record when it comes to social care, or upholding
workers' rights. IBM was also recently accused of selling census machines to
the Nazi government, thus helping them in applying the Final Solution.

Also, If I remember correctly, Adobe has dropped its charges against Dmitry
Sklyarov, but the US government choose not to release it anyway.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.telegraph-road.org