List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Adobe SVG viewer
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2001-12-01 11:51:16

On Saturday 01 December 2001 12:28, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:

> You don't need to tell me that it isn't a 2 week job, i know that
> but ksvg exists for several months and we _are_ pretty far already

Is there a homepage and screenshots somewhere ? Google couldn't find anything
about it.

> > It would be great to have our own plugin, but at the moment the right
> > thing to do is indeed to get Adobe's plugin working with Konq, and then
> > worry about our version.
>
> of course it would be nice to have it working
> but why not trying the own work first ??

Because SVG users want SVG support, and that's probably the fastest way to
get it. (unless you claim that it would take longer to complete ksvg than to
get konqueror to be compatible with Mozilla's plugin API).

Once this is done, then KDE has SVG support, we can mark that off, and you
have less pressure to get a better support running.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.telegraph-road.org