List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Adobe SVG viewer
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2001-12-01 9:31:13

On Saturday 01 December 2001 08:58, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:
> how about trying our "own" svg plugin and improving it ?

Because it will be a *long* time before it reaches the level of Adobe's ?

No offense, but two of my co-workers are part of the Batik team, so I know
that full SVG support isn't exactly a 2-week job. And Adobe simply sets the
state of the art on the matter.

It would be great to have our own plugin, but at the moment the right thing
to do is indeed to get Adobe's plugin working with Konq, and then worry about
our version.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.telegraph-road.org