List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: SQL client in KDE distribution?
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-30 11:46:58

#if Aaron J. Seigo
> hi..
>
> while i understand peole's desire to see this in KDE (i would use TOra on a
> daily basis if it had pgsql support) there are probably a few things to be
> considered:
>
>  o it isn't a KDE app, it is Qt only (KDE-ifying it would be great)

Apparently it has KDE support. See the web page.

>  o 100k LOC is not small (kpresenter is around, what, 20k LOC? kword ~22k?)

Why does this matter ?

>  o the audience interested in such an app is probably a small % of KDE's
> total audience (as opposed to word processing, presentation software, etc)

On what do you base this guess ? Certainly more people buy the version
of MS Office that doesn't come with Access, but the fact Access ships
with Office at all suggests to me there is a market.

> hightening its profile by making it a KDE / KOffice app and having it noted
> on the koffice.org website, apps.kde.com, etc might be a better approach?

I was thinking it would be nice to see it as part of KOffice (and in
CVS, if the author wished). I haven't seen the code yet, but from the
website it appears to be a quality product.

Rik