On Friday 30 November 2001 13:23, Cornelius Schumacher wrote: > Is there a way to use DCOP in a program, which doesn't have a connection to > a X server? This would be intereting for daemon-like programs. Here I go again: DCOP is based on libICE. libICE does NOT requires Xlib or a running X server. It is designed to work without the X Window System (although it happens to live in the same software archive). > > I'm also asking, because the KUniqueApplication constructor has this > GUIEnabled flag. Where is the point in creating a KUniqueApplciation > without GUI, when the X server connection is required by the DCOP stuff > anyway? Because it is not required. Where do you guys always get the idea from that dcop has anything to do with Xlib or a XServer? Matthias