List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    SPAM filter
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-30 10:44:02

Hi!

As SPAM became lately a massive plague, I decided that I have to fight harder
against them. If you look in the mail headers, it's tagged with a
X-Spam-Rating sind quite some time already. If the number reaches 1000, it is
rejected. But there was a lot of SPAM that was quite hard to differentiate
from normal mails by regular expressions ;(

So I went and made these numbers more aggressive. And the mailing list
software will hold mails with numers higher than 550 for approvall by the
list admin. I'm planning on making it a bit more intelligent, but only if my
time permits. Til then it will happen that the one or the other non-SPAM mail
ends for approval, but no mail should be lost (at most it's rejected and send
back)

Greetings, Stephan