List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: SQL client in KDE distribution?
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-11-30 9:13:14

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 06:15:31PM +0100, Melchior FRANZ wrote:

> And another thing: wasn't "tora" the Japanese code for the attack at
> Pearl Harbor? I guess that Americans wouldn't like a program with that
> name. What about "kora"? (After kate another female name. Not that bad,
> is it?) OTOH, who knows what bad things kora mean in some other
> languages ...

Well there's also the holy writings of the Torah (pronounced the same in
English)... then there's the Qur'an, with a similar sound to.. oh.. Kora.
And we all know how keen the US is on Islam right now.  Being "politically
correct" is far overrated :)

Besides what about people who have an ex-girlfriend named Kora?

As much as I think that it should be named K<insert random derisive
comment about Ashcroft HERE>, TOra sounds just fine to me...

Besides, why not fixate on kwrite.  The name is offensive to my absent
sense of creativity and tact.

- alex