List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: SQL client in KDE distribution?
From:       Henrik Johnson <hpj () globecom ! se>
Date:       2001-11-29 20:18:32

Neil Stevens wrote:

>On Thursday November 29, 2001 09:15, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
>
>>* Chris Howells -- Thursday 29 November 2001 17:50:

>>>It's certainly not up to me, but it looks quite interesting. Just one
>>>thing I couldn't see mention of -- what license is it release under?
>>>
>>And another thing: wasn't "tora" the Japanese code for the attack at
>>Pearl Harbor?
>>

>I think it's more likely that people would be offended that a tool tied to
>proprietary software is put in the distribution, than to be offended at
>that coincidence.

Just to put the record absolutely straight from the beginning. TOra is
also available in a Windows version which will not be free except for
personal use (Pretty much the same deal as Qt Non Commercial). TOra is
not really tied to Oracle, it just so happens that since that is the
database that I use mostly in my work it is the one with the most
modules (And also, there is only so much you can do with a MySQL client,
no offence). It is perfectly possible even today to compile the program
without any support for Oracle at all.

/Mauritz
GlobeCom AB