List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: libkio & libksycoca
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-29 7:30:40

On Wednesday 28 November 2001 11:11 pm, Alex Zepeda wrote:
> My biggest problem is that objprelink is *only* ia32 (does the PPC stuff
> even work?).  Add to that: it doesn't really do anything over here (on my
> FreeBSD/ia32b ox), and yes.. if you're looking at objprelink as the catch
> all solution, please think again.

We're talking "prelinking", not "objprelinking". The FreeBSD linker guy had a
fix for the BSD linker that essentially had the same advantages as
"objprelinking", with that patch you don't need objprelinking (He send it to
you as well, did it go in?). "prelinking" goes even a step further and
basically eliminates run-time linking at all. (It becomes "installation-time
linking")

Cheers,
Waldo