List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: libkio & libksycoca
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2001-11-28 13:44:38

On Wednesday November 28, 2001 01:08, aleXXX wrote:
> On Wed 28 Nov 01 02:19, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > That problem has been solved in the linker by now.
>
> hmm, and now we can make it slower again ????

Do you *know* it'll be slow?  With objprelink it's certainly not the
linker that is the bottleneck for KDE, and prelinking embedded in the
tools themselves won't perform worse than objprelink.

> Well, ok, but IMHO not much more hackish and ugly than throwing
> everything in one huge lib

What's ugly?  -lqt -ldcop -lkde or -lqt -ldcop -lkdecore -lkdeui -lkfile

The apps are doing this anyway, the most popular ones anyway.  And, the
arbitrary separation of these libs that are used together is preventing
the libs from leveraging each other as well as they could or should.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

Don't think of a bug as a problem.  Think of it as a call to action.