On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 10:52:17PM -0500, Christopher Molnar wrote: > Can anyone give me a status on KDE and gcc 3.0? Is CVS HEAD compiling and > running under it yet? It does work, basically. AFAIK there are two problems with regard to KDE: 1) The arts multiple inheritance bug. I was told this is fixed in gcc HEAD and that a separate patch will be provided with the next stable gcc release (3.0.3) 2) c++/3993 : rtti is broken when playing with dlopen. The rtti implementation relies on there being only one single instance of type_info objects (hence it can implement the == and before methods of type_info using address comparison) , which is accomplished using weak symbols. This is broken for some reason (ld bug?) , and it hits us in a few places, like when using Blackie's regular expression editor (results in failing assertions in khtml, klipper, kate, etc.) . (the workaround I locally use is to disable those quick rtti methods and go back to the slower ones doing string comparison) Simon