List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KControl: Printing to "Periphials"
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-27 23:14:52

On Tuesday 27 November 2001 02:14 pm, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> While reading an article about Desktop Environments and how they are
> expirienced by novice users, the article mentions an inconstistancy:
>
> Printers indeed belong to "Periphials" rather than to "System". System is
> valid as long as you call it "Printer Manager" but I still prefer to move
> it to "Periphials" calling it simply "Printers".
>
> Any objections?

Sounds good, although it should be noted that "System" contains modules that
modify "system-wide" as opposed to "user-wide" settings. As a result those
modules require root-accesss. I suspect that the Printer Manager can do both
which makes it a difficult decision where to put it....(putting it at both
locations doesn't seem very attractive either.)

Cheers,
Waldo