List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    URL completion (was Re: QClipboard)
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       2001-11-27 8:53:28

On Tue 27. November 2001 01:02, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 08:08:04PM +0100, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > > Also, IIRC, your part of the deal will be beating
> > > Carsten until he makes completion in Konqy offer
> > > 'http://www.foobar.org' after typing 'foo' in the location bar :->.
> >
> > Hmm, tough one; but Carsten likes a challange, right ? (hint hint)
>
> Have you tried entering fooCtrl-T ? Well, after you disabled Cltr-T for
> konsole
>
> :} Or simply remap the "substring completion" shortcut to something else.
> : I'm
>
> afraid doing this on every keypress might be a bit expensive.

 But that's not what I mean. Typing 'se' and Ctrl+T gives me both
'http://seznam.cz', which is ok, but it also gives me 'http://www.suse.cz',
which is not ok. I simply mean the thing Mozilla or MSIE do. Let me explain:

- (empty history, popup completion)
- I type 'www.suse.cz' once, it goes there and remembers 'http://www.suse.cz'
- I type 'su' and it offers me 'http://www.suse.cz' (it simply tries also to
find a match with prepending 'http://' and 'http://www.' )
- I type 'seznam.cz', it goes there and remembers 'http://seznam.cz'
- I type 'se' and it offers me 'http://seznam.cz', and only it
- If it also puts hostname-only URLs first (i.e. not showing all seznam.cz
URLs in history first, thus hiding the suse.cz ones), it would be Perfect(tm).

 I already tried to implement this, but .. erm, well ... :(.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 llunak@suse.cz ; l.lunak@kde.org