List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KLineEdit::keyPressEvent() reading from config
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () starpower ! net>
Date:       2001-11-27 4:12:43

On Monday 26 November 2001 11:09, Ellis Whitehead wrote:
> Hi Dawit,
>
> I've committed changes which makes any given string->key conversion happen
> only once per session.

Great.

> Is there a way to update a given group in the KGlobal::config() object when
> one wants?

I think David already answered this.

> In regard to growing the class and adding dependencies: it's a tradeoff
> between updating when the user changes the config and a single extra
> slot... Doesn't seem to me like it's a bad potential tradeoff.  What do you
> think?

It is not so long as the intention is not wrong :) I have no problem with you
changing the code inorder to reflect changes made by the user in the control
panel.  What I thought would have been un-productive is that changing this
particular code because we thought that it was the cause for the slowness in
when typing in KLineEdit.  Perhaps I misread your original post :)

> I wrote that key() is being depreciated because I want to use QKeySequence
> (or KKeySequence) instead of an 'int' return type.  We'll see.

Oh I see.. but then application/widgets calling this function will be broken right ?