On Monday 26 November 2001 11:19 am, Bernd Gehrmann wrote: > Can someone explain what's the advantage of using libICE as transport > protocol for remote controlling applications? It works. > I've played around a little > with simple X properties, and the code you can find on > http://dox.berlios.de/main.cpp seems to do everything I need. The only > thing lacking is support for return values, but even with that I would > assume that it's hard to get above 2% of the amount of code in libICE. Nested function calls? Calls with arguments of more than 2Mb? (I don't think it is a good idea to send 2Mb via DCOP, but KDE 2.1 showed= that=20 it happened, so since KDE 2.2 we handle that.) Cheers, Waldo