List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Heads up: new KAccel classes
From:       Ellis Whitehead <kde () ellisw ! net>
Date:       2001-11-17 17:19:17

On Saturday 17 November 2001 11:42 am, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Sam, 17 Nov 2001, Ellis Whitehead wrote:
> > 2) applications which used KAccel::stringToKey() or related functions
> > will now have to used KKeySequence instead.
>
> No compatibility wrappers ?
No.  It was rarely used outside of kdelibs/kdebase (in kdevelop, maybe?).

> > 3) This is the big and invalid one, I'm afraid: insertItem() and
> > connectItem() aren't source compatible.  I'll commit the fix ASAP.
I think I've fixed this locally now -- things have compiled & linked at
least.  A few more tests and I'll commit if all is well.

> I also get lots of these:
>
> QObject::connect: No such signal QObject::keycodeChanged()
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'kmw-kaccel')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'saveDocument')
Do you know what application that belongs to?  I'll take a look.  The places
where I've seen this so far are no longer relevant -- i just haven't take the
connect call out yet.

Thanks,
Ellis