On Friday 16 November 2001 18:31, David Faure wrote: > On Friday 16 November 2001 17:37, Daniel Molkentin wrote: > > I see only one way out of this: Hint a size in the .desktop files. > > > > Contra: works for the english translation and the default fonts, but the > > module might get another size in another language. > > Yeah, that doesn't sound too good. > > Why not let the layout management do its job, adapting to new modules > after creating them ? > I don't mean loading them in the background (the resizing would happen > at weird times if doing that), but loading when clicking on an icon. > > Or.... we could load in the background and create the modules, but into > a hidden toplevel widget (each), and reparent the widget into the kcmshell > window when selecting that module, so that it's faster.... Tricky, but why > not ? ;) Sounds good, but I am not sure what you want to do with the kcmshell canvas itself. Should it grow/shrink to fit the modules' needs? I thought about implementing that in kcontrol itself. Gnome's control center has it, too and I find it quite convinient for some situations. Of course one has to check some things first (e.g. winsize still < desktopsize). Cheers, -- Daniel Molkentin | The K Desktop Environment | http://www.kde.org KDE 3.0 -- Konquering your Desktop!