List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: kio_mount
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-11-16 14:02:51

On Friday 16 November 2001 14:29, Rolf Magnus wrote:

> I found something called userfs, which is very old and not ported to 2.4.
> It also makes it possible to mount user space filesystems.

Yes, I've intended to work on such a thing ("kiofs") myself, but didn't find
the time yet. I didn't want to mount different slaves tho, but just the
kiofs, so that you could just cd /mnt/kio/ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/foo
(something needs to be done about the slashes) and it would automatically use
the right slave.

Only  time is the problem...

Cheers
Carsten Pfeiffer