List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KJSEmbed added to kdenonbeta
From:       Richard Moore <rm () rsi ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-11-14 11:54:27

> Umm, Richard - could u make a couple of screenshots + explanation in human
> language about this? I would like to put it as "in the pipe" as a teaser in
> my doc..
>
> Thanks,

This isn't really screenshot-friendly stuff, but here's a small piccy of the
test app. Basically the code allows developers to make their apps extensible
by javascript, with a minimum of effort. KJS has always been embeddable, but
with the kjsembed library it is much easier - it includes a proxy (like the
DCOP proxy class) which makes adding a JS interface to a widget or other
qobject trivial - it only takes about 2 lines of code. In addition the
library has some tools like the console widget (also a KPart) in the picture
that apps can use as is.

Does that make things clearer?

Rich.

["kjsembed1.png" (image/png)]