List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH KGuiItem
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2001-11-14 9:24:07

On Wednesday 14 November 2001 09:19, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 04:17:28PM +0100, Holger Freyther wrote:
> > PS:Could you explain me the point of d pointers?
>
> Have a look at
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/kde2arch/devel-binarycompatibility.h
>tml

Just a nitpick : this 'd pointer' thing is quite widely known under several
names (Cheshire cat idiom, firewall idiom, pimpl), and although Arnt
Gulbrandsen is certainly a very talented programmer, I doubt he invented it.

http://www.octopull.demon.co.uk/arglib/TheGrin.html

--
Guillaume
http://www.telegraph-road.org