List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt layout messed up with rich text labels
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-11-05 19:18:14

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 04:13:29PM +0100, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> As far as I remember, including QLabel with rich text into layouts causes
> clipping problems. Everything looks like the computation of the height
> of the QLabel object was wrong: a value is computed to set up the layout,
> but then the actual height is larger when shown. To see what I mean,
> start KControl as normal user, resize it to a "reasonable" size (I mean
> not to large, otherwise clipping won't occur), then start the
> print manager (with printer infos shown). You'll see that the bottom of
> the main widget is clipped, and more annoying, the combobox to select the
> print system is completely clipped. The same effect appear with any module
> using this "admin" message (kfontinst, kcmclock, ...). From my experience,
> I bet this is due to the rich text in the QLabel object used in the top
> message.
>
> My first question is then: am I the only one to have that problem?

Well, I immidiately started using my scrollwheel and found that its just
a content area without sliders.
I doubt it has anything to do with the QLabel, just that someone made the
content inside the module (probably the widget which does the administrator
mode button as well) scrollable, and somehow the scrollbars are lost.