List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: CVS HEAD reminder / 3.0 feature plan / time schedule
From:       Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-05 16:53:26

>     - Please try to get the bigger changes that might break things
>       in early enough. There is one week planned for stabilizing the
>       code base for Beta1 release though, but a week is really short
>       so things should be working smooth before already.

Umm, there is still a serious problem with QT regarding Anti Aliasing fonts,
which simply won't disable the AA at all. Sure, we can compile QT-3 with Xft
disabled, but the end user won't, and the packagers will compile it with - so
it is IMHO a MAJOR problem with QT, so I really don't know how can we go with
1 beta unless the trolltech guys will fix this ASAP..

Another issue is BiDi support - Lars said that khtml bidi implementation
needs to stay for Visual (iso-8859-8) pages, but the current situation is
that hebrew/arabic pages are rendering twice...

All in all - KDE 3 currently looks very impressive at this moment taking into
consideration thats it's not even in beta, but I do think that we need more
then 1 beta testing (specially testing new features like KJS, BiDi, SSL
etc...)

--
Hetz Ben Hamo
hetz@kde.org