List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KControl admin mode flexibility (RFC)
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-11-05 15:26:06

> Sounds good to me. Although it would also be nice if the "admin message"
> could be moved to the "Help" tab that's on the left of KControl - or
> maybe have an initial message theat appears before the module is loaded.
> e.g.
>
> "This module has two modes of operation:
>
> Normal: blah blah
> Administrator: ....
>
> To switch to admin mode....
>
> [x] Don't show this message again.
>
> [ Continue... ]"

With the proposed changes, you do it easily. Don't put X-KDE-RootOnly=true
in the desktop file, add Administrator button in KCModule constructor and
it's up to kfontinst to show or not the message box with the message you
want. Of course, it *could* be put in kdeui to make it available to
any module, what I'm saying is just that the changes I proposed make KControl
flexible enough to achieve what you want.

Michael.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM