List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Qt layout messed up with rich text labels
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-11-05 15:13:29

As far as I remember, including QLabel with rich text into layouts causes
clipping problems. Everything looks like the computation of the height
of the QLabel object was wrong: a value is computed to set up the layout,
but then the actual height is larger when shown. To see what I mean,
start KControl as normal user, resize it to a "reasonable" size (I mean
not to large, otherwise clipping won't occur), then start the
print manager (with printer infos shown). You'll see that the bottom of
the main widget is clipped, and more annoying, the combobox to select the
print system is completely clipped. The same effect appear with any module
using this "admin" message (kfontinst, kcmclock, ...). From my experience,
I bet this is due to the rich text in the QLabel object used in the top
message.

My first question is then: am I the only one to have that problem?

Bye.
Michael.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM