On Thursday 01 November 2001 10:33 am, Charles Samuels wrote: > On Thursday 01 November 2001 11:22 am, Waldo Bastian wrote: > > On Wednesday 31 October 2001 11:45 pm, Charles Samuels wrote: > > > This makes it compatible with old version, except for a few small > > > things. > > > > It still rearranges the class structure which is unnecassery and > > unacceptable IMO. You also have a complete duplication of the KConfigBase > > API which really is unnecassery. > > Backwards compatibility wasn't my idea (I don't really favor it, for that > matter). Then I don't think it has a place in KDE 3. > And inheriting from KConfigBase is both messy, requires all those > functions to be virtual (slowing it down), and requires more memory at run > time (since the members of KConfigBase will be duplicated). Bullshit, you only need to override the lookupData and putData methods and *surprise* those are virtual already. Cheers, Waldo