List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KConfig object-orientification
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-01 12:34:56

#if Bernd Gehrmann
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Charles Samuels wrote:
> >
> > Well, I've started on the arduous task of making KConfig::group() return a
> > temporary class (KConfigGroup) that has all the accessors (like readEntry,
> > writeEntry, etc).
>
> IMO, this looks clumsy and overengineered. QSettings has a much more
> natural API, and it's also more powerful, as it simulates hierarchical
> groups.

Well, we could use QSettings... we just need to not care about the fact
that it stores such a huge amount of duplicate data when you use lots of
hierarchy, and we would have to provide an extra class which allows
saving/loading of types we are used to KConfig handling (QPoint, QFont,
QSize, unsigned int, etc.)

Rik