On Wednesday 31 October 2001 05:02 pm, Waldo Bastian wrote: > On Wednesday 31 October 2001 03:21 pm, Charles Samuels wrote: > > Well, I've started on the arduous task of making KConfig::group() return > > a temporary class (KConfigGroup) that has all the accessors (like > > readEntry, writeEntry, etc). > > > > I'm also breaking compatiblity big-time with older versions. As in, > > major. KConfigGroupSaver is departing, and, well, all sorts of good > > things. > > I think the same can be achieved while keeping the current class-structure. > E.g. you can make a KConfigGroup class that derives from KConfigBase but > uses the lookupData() / putData() methods of the original KConfig object. How would that work? I thought that just making all the KConfigBase methods just do KConfigGroup g(group()); return g.readEntry(...); -Charles