List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KConfig object-orientification
From:       Charles Samuels <charles () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-31 23:21:51

Well, I've started on the arduous task of making KConfig::group() return a
temporary class (KConfigGroup) that has all the accessors (like readEntry,
writeEntry, etc).

I'm also breaking compatiblity big-time with older versions.  As in, major.
KConfigGroupSaver is departing, and, well, all sorts of good things.

This involves also updating the rest of KDE, and is all very hairy because
every single thing in cvs will have to change.

Instead of making a diff, I've uploaded just the new KConfigBase (where all
this happens), so you can take a look.  And I'm working on updating
kdelibs to respond to these new changes, in the hopes that friday, it can be
committed, and the rest of kde can be updated with respect to this API.

How do you feel about this, David? :)

http://www.derkarl.org/c0de/kconfigbase.cpp
http://www.derkarl.org/c0de/kconfigbase.h

(I would have attached it, but the two are 80kb!)

-Charles