List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Moving new address book API to kdelibs
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-31 21:35:07

On Wednesday 31 October 2001 11:22 am, aleXXX wrote:
> On Wed 31 Oct 01 14:33, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > On Wednesday 31 October 2001 11:48, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> > > #if Cornelius Schumacher

> > > That's good, but is it thread safe ?
> >
> > Hmm, I don't know. Is that important? How much of KDE is thread-safe?
>
> Well, for KDE 3 it should be threadsafe, since we link to the mt version of
> Qt.

This is a misunderstanding. KDE3 will _NOT_ be threadsafe in general. By
linking to qt-mt we take away the IMpossibilty to use threads in applications
but there is no support for the use of threads in KDE itself whatsoever.
Given that most of Qt isn't threadsafe this would be a near impossible task.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com