List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KConfig question
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-31 7:48:45

Running as root is rather hairy. E.g. you get files saved and owned by root
and then later programs fail when running as user because they can't make
changes to these root-files any longer.

There was an idea floating around for "desktop settings" published via
X-window properties that would solve a great deal of the look&feel problem
but that hasn't gone anywhere.

Cheers,
Waldo