List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    ksirc's ksview, qstylesheet, qrichtext_p and anchor color
From:       Cristian Tibirna <tibirna () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-27 16:03:44

Hello

I tried last night for more than an hour to make the color of URLs in ksirc
configurable (I use dark blue bg and the default blue link color of the
anchor QStyleSheet::defaultStyle()'s item isn't visible).

I did all necessary in KSPrefs and ksopts, and I guess the only thing left to
make it actually use the color I want is something before ksview.cpp#41 that
actually applies the color.

I tried format.setColor() (where format is a QTextFormat object),
s_anchorStyle->setColor() (where s_anchorStyle is a QStyleSheetItem of type
"anchor" - finally). I guess what I need is a way to set the "link color" of
an anchor styleitem, or a way to edit the defaultStyle static object.

Well, any pointer to a docu would be greatly appreciated.

Something else: what exactly makes necessary the use of the qrichtext_p API? I
seem to see it would be not necessary, as there is no important paragraph
manipulation, at least nothing that couldn't be done with the public
QTextEdit API.

Thanks

Cluelessly yours, CT