List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kioslave et Gnome vfs
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-10-25 18:46:54

On Thu 25 Oct 01 11:56, Rolf Magnus wrote:
> On Thursday 25 October 2001 11:01, Philippe FREMY wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I fall on this doc recentely :
> >
> > http://www.ximian.com/devzone/tech/gnome-vfs.html
>
> They wrote that the vfs plugins can either be run in a separate process or
> in their own thread in the main process. How do kioslaves do this? They
> don't run in a thread, do they?

ioslaves run in their own process. There was a lot discussion about this and
it was considered good.

After looking at the file vfs module, I think ioslaves are much easier to
write (ok, at least for somebody who already wrote ioslaves ;-) . The vfs
sources are full of strange macros and function pointers.

Bye
Alex