List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KMainWindow Inteface updates
From:       ian reinhart geiser <geiseri () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-10-25 16:36:35

Okay here is news for the KMainwindows interface for this week ;)
// List interfaces
	QCStringList interfaces()
// List functions
	QCStringList functions()
// List KActions of the main window
	QCStringList actions()
// Activate and action
	bool activateAction(QCString action)
// Disable an action
	bool disableAction(QCString action)
// Enable an action
	bool enableAction(QCString action)
// Check to see if an action is enabled
	bool actionIsEnabled(QCString action)
// Get the actions tool tip
	QCString actionToolTip(QCString action)
// Get a dcop ref to the action
	DCOPRef action(QCString name)
// Get the action map
	QMap<QCString,DCOPRef> actionMap()
// Get the window ID... this is very fun with xwd -id
	int getWinID()
// Dump a screenshot of the current window to the clipboard
	void grabWindowToClipBoard()
// Check to see if the window is hideing
	bool isHidden()
// Hide the window
	void hide()
// Check to see if the window is maximized
	bool isMaximized()
// Maximize the window
	void maximize()
// Check to see if the window is minimized
	bool isMinimized()
// Minimize the window
	void minimize()
// Get the width of the current window
	int width()
// Get the height of the current window
	int height()
// Resize the current window
	void resize(int newWidth,int newHeight)
// Get the X position of the window
	int Xpos()
// Get the Y position of the window
	int Ypos()
// Move the window to a new position
	void move(int newX,int newY)
// Set the windows geometry
	void setGeometry(int newX,int newY,int newWidth,int newHeight)
// Raise the windows focus
	void raise()
// Lower the windows focus
	void lower()

None of these calls add any extra over head to the apps from what I can see,
and I am not adding any more linkage.  I have found quite a few uses for the
geometry management with KDE in kiosk mode.  I have a few more that I am
testing that will focus on locking an application to the main view.  The idea
here is one could start up konqi on login and lock konqi in full screen mode
for the entire session.  If anyone has any input please let me know.

Cheers

- -ian reinhart geiser

- --
On a clear disk you can seek forever.