List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch: please review, encoding stuff in smb ioslave
From:       Wynn Wilkes <wynnw () wilkes ! ws>
Date:       2001-10-25 4:11:21

On Wednesday 24 October 2001 09:59 pm, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Mit, 24 Okt 2001, David Faure wrote:
> > (So... when is samba going to be released with a library for kio_smb ??)
>
> current samba comes with a libsmbclient (2.2.2 that is). All it needs is
> somebody writing a kioslave for it ;)
Hey, there is one that is based on the libsmbclient stuff in
kdebase/kioslave/smb. I and a colleague wrote it as a validation test when
the libsmbclient stuff was going on.  It is released now, and should be
available.

There are some problems with the current one.  We were trying to follow the
URL scheme that libsmbclient provides, which was a little confusing.  I think
it should be modified to follow the same scheme that the smbro one provides
for backwards compatibility.  The current code builds, but has a few
problems..

I'll try to get to it...I don't have a lot of time, so if any one else is
interested in helping out with it, that would be great.

Wynn