List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: doubleclicking toolbar buttons
From:       "Wilco Greven" <j.w.greven () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       2001-10-23 8:43:24

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 07:29:11AM +0200, Thomas Zander wrote:
> [..]
> Its quite simple, in single click everything is activated on the first click,
> but we don't want to start 2 programs or whatever when someone accidently
> double clicks. So, throughout the whole of KDE, double click equals single
> click for activation.

This is certainly not true. If you double click on an item on a menubar,
the menu will open and immediately close. The same for Kicker's buttons.
If you press twice on a menu button, the menu opens and closes again. If
you press twice on a application button, you'll get two instances of the
application. IMO it this the correct behaviour, and AFAIK nobody has ever
complained about it.

> [..]

Greetings,
Wilco