List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: doubleclicking toolbar buttons
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-10-22 19:37:19

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 09:01:48PM +0200, Jelmer Feenstra wrote:
> On Monday 22 October 2001 18:13, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 05:57:43PM +0200, Jelmer Feenstra wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > IMO this is an expert option and what you are asking defies all GUI-design
> > rules.
>
> Well, let me put it this way : introducing double clicking as a way to
> perform a specific, different action itself was a very bad decision IMO and
> now you're actually telling me that doing it the sensible, logical way is not
> according to 'all GUI-design rules' ? I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree on
> that.

Rule nr1: be consistent.
We can't change what people have learned in the past.
I am sorry, this is simply not open to discussion, you are trying to tell me that
all those people who use this (your words) 'very bad decision' are just going to
change their way of working because you found it can be done better.
Oh what a wonderful world that would be ;)

> 400ms is too much for me when I'm trying to get things done,

Then make your double click timeout shorter.