List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: mimetype specific information
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-10-22 17:40:51

On Monday 22 October 2001 12:05, Rolf Magnus wrote:
> --- Excellent idea snipped ---

Like Simon, I think this would be excellent to have! One suggestion, though:

> Another use could be information about the file on right click ->
> properties. The different mimetypes could have information about where to
> show which of the details in its .desktop file. The .desktop file would
> also contain a mapping between the key and the text that corresponds to it
> in the different languages and, of course, the name of the library that
> needs to be loaded.

In this case I would add the possibility to specify a KPart instead of the
key/value system. The key/value system should not be left out here, since in
many cases it is just what we need. And easy to implement and low on resource
usage. But for some specialized cases one might want to put a real GUI there
with widgets and all.

Hmm... isn't that already possible?
*** ... Digging through memory ... Nothing found ... ***
Can't remember exactly. I think this already is there. If so, just treat this
mail as my 'in favour' vote and forget the rest ;-)

Martijn