List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: dcopserver or kdeinit breakage
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       2001-10-14 21:50:53

Dne čt 11. říjen 2001 05:29 Malte Starostik napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> just recompiled libs and base and now facing a rather annoying problem:
> when I try to start KDE, it just sits around at "Setting up IPC".
> There are the usual kdeinit processes around, plus reproducibly a kdeinit
> zombie.
> When I kill kdeinit: dcopserver, startup continues, dcopserver is restarted
> and all is fine. Before that, dcopserver waits in select(), but it seems
> not to hang itself as DISPLAY=:0 dcop works perfectly.
> All of this does _not_ happen, when I run startkde with X already running
> (with twm or no wm at all).
> Does it happen for anyone else? How can I further debug this?

 Does it work correctly if you remove ksplash from startkde? I hit a similar
problem when playing with icon server. If removing ksplash helps, then the
problem is Waldo's recent 'let's make every app connect to dcopserver'
change. Ksplash and probably few others need to disable it.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak@email.cz ; l.lunak@kde.org